*COVID-19 ALERT – PLEASE READ: As of March 23rd, 2020: If you are not a member of our maintenance plan, we will service your system in person at our next scheduled availability.
*Maintenance members who need service take priority over anything on our schedule and will be addressed immediately.
All product warranties will Eventually expire but having a Smart Home Maintenance plan in place means your home system will never be left behind.
Home automation and home technology is ever-changing and adapting to the devices that connect with them. Service plans keep systems running at top performance.
Once a year (remote accessed) updates to keep firmware, software and features working in the best possible conditions and speeds. (Must have Cloud Key and Ubiquiti Network in place)
Unlimited Remote Service Calls
Discounted rates for Physical Service Calls
Twice a year (remote accessed) updates to keep firmware, software and features working in the best possible conditions and speeds. (Must have Cloud Key and Ubiquiti Network in place)
Unlimited Remote log in Service Calls
One Physical Service Call Credit (Trip and 1 Hour) each year (If local in Austin Texas)
Discounted rates for any additional Physical Service Calls
A. The Client is of the opinion that the Contractor has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to provide services to the Client.
B. The Contractor is agreeable to providing such services to the Client on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
IN CONSIDERATION OF the matters described above and of the mutual benefits and obligations set forth in this Agreement, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Client and the Contractor (individually the “Party” and collectively the “Parties” to this Agreement) agree as follows:
1. Annual Services Provided
The Client hereby agrees to engage the Contractor to provide the Client with
yearly services (the “Services”) consisting of:
– Remotely Monitoring internet / network and Wi-Fi
– Remotely Updating firmware and software on all devices we installed
– Cleaning of equipment and wiring during site visits
– Remotely Checking programming and system speeds
1a. The Services will also include any other tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Contractor hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
2. Term of Agreement
3. The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) will begin on the date of this Agreement and will remain in full force and effect indefinitely until terminated as provided in this Agreement.
4. In the event that either Party wishes to terminate this Agreement, that Party will be required to provide 30 days’ written notice to the other Party.
5. This Agreement may be terminated at any time by mutual agreement of the Parties. If the client has already received their remote maintenance visit but haven’t completed the 12 payments for the year, the client will be Invoiced for the remaining payments left on that years service plan itinerary.
6. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the obligations of the Contractor will end upon the termination of this Agreement.
7. Performance The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
8a. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in USD (US Dollars).
9a. For the services rendered by the Contractor as required by this Agreement, the Client will provide compensation (the “Compensation”) to the Contractor of $29.99 or $89.99 per month.
10. A deposit of $29.99 or 89.99 (the “Deposit”) will be payable by the Client.
11. For the remaining, the Client will be automatically billed every month by credit card.
12. All additional charges to the Client are due on receipt.
13. The Compensation as stated in this Agreement does not include sales tax, or other applicable duties as may be required by law. Any sales tax and duties required by law will be charged to the Client in addition to the Compensation.
14. Reimbursement of Expenses
14a. The Contractor will be reimbursed by the customer from time to time for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the Contractor in connection with providing the Services under this Agreement.
15. All additional expenses must be pre-approved by the Client.
Confidential information (the “Confidential Information”) refers to any data or information relating to the business of the Client which would reasonably be considered to be proprietary to the Client including, but not limited to, accounting records, business processes, and Client records and that is not generally known in the industry of the Client and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorized by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the term of this Agreement and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Contractor under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Contractor.
19. Ownership of Intellectual Property
All intellectual property and related material (the “Intellectual Property”) that is developed or produced under this Agreement, will be the property of the Contractor. The Client is granted a non-exclusive limited-use license of this Intellectual Property.
Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Intellectual Property remain exclusively with the Contractor.
21. Return of Property
21a. Upon the expiry or termination of this Agreement, the Client will return to the Contractor any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Contractor.
22. Capacity/Independent Contractor
22a. In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service. The Client is not required to pay, or make any contributions to, any social security, local, state or federal tax, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation, insurance premium, profit-sharing, pension or any other employee benefit for the Contractor during the Term. The Contractor is responsible for paying, and complying with reporting requirements for, all local, state and federal taxes related to payments made to the Contractor under this Agreement.
23a. All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement will be given in writing and delivered to one Parties of this Agreement as follows:
Advanced AV Solutions LLC | DBA: Smarter Homes of Austin, Texas, 78734 or to such other address as any Party may from time to time notify the other, and will be deemed to be properly delivered (a) immediately upon being served personally, (b) two days after being deposited with the postal service if served by registered mail, or (c) the following day after being deposited with an overnight courier.
24 -26. Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective directors, stockholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective directors, stockholders, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
27. Time of the Essence 27a. Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this
Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
29. It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
30a. This Agreement will ensure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
31. Titles/Headings 31a. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
32. Gender 32a. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
33. Governing Law
33a. It is the intention of the Parties to this Agreement that this Agreement and the performance under this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forum, by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.
34a. In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
35a. The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.