Motorized Shades & Blinds
top Six reasons to invest in motorized shading
1. Convenience: Your home has several windows. if these windows are large, manually opening and closing the shades and drapes is not easily done. After installing motorized shades, you can operate them at the touch of a button or automate them according to a schedule.
2. Security: We can program your shades to automatically raise and lower during the day to make it appear like someone is currently home.
3. Energy Savings: Heat that passes through the window panes on a hot Texas day is called solar gain. It can tremendously increase the number of times your air conditioner turns on in order to maintain comfortable temperature. Once you add shades or window coverings, your air conditioning system will run less which saves you money on energy costs. Smarter Homes can install a sensor that further automates the motorized window coverings to lower on its own once the suns light is at its hottest and brightest.
4. Furniture Fabric Protection: Sunlight harms the upholstery on your furniture, causing it to fade. Covered windows can prevent this.
5. Elegance: No matter how much you try to adjust manual shades, it’s almost impossible to get the shades into the exact position you want them to be. Once you motorizing them, the shades can move in easily to the perfect spot. If you have a large row of windows, every single shade can move in perfect alignment as a group.
6) Wow Factor: Shade Automation and Integration
Today motorized shades offer a broad range of controls and interfaces that makes it easier than ever to integrate motorized shading with our control systems regardless of technology or brand.
Discover amazing ways to go green, from Wi-Fi thermostats to automatic blinds. Window coverings can reduce energy loss through the windows, lower heating and cooling bills, and improve home comfort. About 30% of a home's heating energy is lost through windows. In cooling seasons, about 76% of sunlight that falls on standard double-pane windows enters the home to become unwanted heat.
Most types of window treatments will result in energy savings, but the exact savings will depend on the type of attachment, the season, the climate, and how the attachment is used.
In addition to the window treatments discussed below, storm style windows with low-e coatings are effective at improving thermal performance of windows and reducing solar heat gain.
We have solutions to fit all project needs, regardless of shade specifications, power or technology requirements.
Give us a call at 512-775-6101 so we can make you an appointment for a free in home estimate with our window covering expert!